Reporting to OPP
The OPP want to hear from the community about dangerous boating and boats without mufflers.
The OPP want to hear from the community about dangerous boating and boats without mufflers. Please call if you see unsafe, reckless or illegal boating behaviour such as speeding too close to shore, or boats without mufflers.
Call 911 if it’s an emergency!
Gather as much information as possible by taking detailed notes including:
- Location where the noise or illegal/ dangerous boating is taking place.
- Description of the boat including: boat registration number, colour, make, model, time, and a description of the operator.
- Details about the incident: description of the activity, time of day, direction of travel, frequency and location
- Take photos and/or video of the activity. as this may be useful to the police.
It is best to give your name and contact information to the police as they may follow up with you later. You can ask the police to report back to you on the outcome. You can also remain anonymous.
We recommend that you call immediately. This give the OPP the best chance to locate the offender.
Other ways to reach the OPP:
- On your cell phone: *OPP or *16 (Coast Guard)
- Or call your local detachment directlY
Safe Quiet Lakes would like to track complaints to determine trends and identify troubled locations. We meet regularity with the OPP to discuss issues and this kind of information is very useful.
You must be the complainant. We cannot call the police on your behalf as we were not a witness.